Chamber Membership: Yours to Use
"What's In It For Me?"
Not only those who are not members of the Chamber, but also those who are, ask this question. Anyone can, however, find out what many of the activities and promotions are by joining and participating in the Chamber. Not many know its entire workings. To use a frequently-stated adjective...it is "awesome."
Why do we have such extensive programs, committees, activities? Simply, there are many purposes for the Chamber to fulfill. Direct benefit for the individual member can be measured in terms of the proportion of his needs to his involvement.
There is a much larger general commitment the Chamber has...that of the entire community. The well-being of the community, in turn, comes back to the individual member. Some excellent reasons are as follows:
- Because I have a business stake in this community which can best be safeguarded by working with others through the Chamber of Commerce to protect and advance all business. I help ensure this community's progress which in turn insures the success of my business. It is only fair for me to support the Chamber since I reap benefits through the concerted planning, counsel and action that is best obtained through the work of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Because my support is "plowed back" to yield many-fold benefits in new industries, increased payrolls, health safety, legislation, business protection and community advancement.
- Because I believe that the person who helps his or her community through active participation in the work of the Chamber of Commerce will develop his or her power and broaden their own views.
- Because through the Chamber of Commerce I can best discharge my obligations to this community. I realize every person owes debt to the community that cannot be paid in taxes - a debt personal service.
- Because the Chamber of Commerce can not carry out its broad program of work to protect and advance business without personal service and adequate financial support.
- Because the Chamber of Commerce unifies the public spirit of my community and directs it to useful and constructive channels.
- Because the Chamber of Commerce helps create and express sound opinions on questions affecting the welfare of my community.
- Because the most effective constructive influence is the force of organized business functioning though the Chamber of Commerce for community betterment.
THINK ON THESE!