“Taste of Castro Valley” brings together cuisine, culture and commerce. This is a BRAND NEW event of the Castro Valley Eden Area Chamber of Commerce that allows restaurants, caterers, home based food businesses, retailers and more to showcase themselves to a targeted audience of 400 community members.
Attendees wishing to sample food will purchase a ticket to enter the event, but upon entrance all food and non-alcoholic drinks are free.
- Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door.
- To purchase tickets, please click the green "Register Now" button above.
- You may attend the event at NO COST if you will not be sampling food.
A no-host bar for alcoholic beverages will be available. We are expecting 30 exhibitors to participate in the March 30, 2017 event at the CV Moose Lodge, 20835 Rutledge Rd., Castro Valley.
Exhibitors wishing to register for this event, should call the Chamber office at 510.537-5300.
Exhibitors will have an opportunity to be awarded multiple awards:
- The “Best Bite of the Night”, based on voting by judging panel
- “Top Taste”, based on attendee votes
- Individual Category Awards (may include “Best Sweet”, “Best Beverage”, “Kid’s Choice”, etc. Exact categories to be determine by final participant list.)
- Best Decorated Table/Booth Space….come with your creativity and decorate your space.
Each restaurant is required to:
- Supply a bite-sized, or small sample portion, of a featured menu item (or multiple items) during the event for approximately 400 attendees. Only ready to serve food is permitted. No on-site cooking accommodations are available.
- Provide all necessary paper goods and utensils for your sampling.
- Set-up and clean-up your booth space. Set- up begins at 3:00pm. Clean-up will be no earlier than 7:30pm.
- Provide your own linen for your table.
Castro Valley/Eden Area Chamber of Commerce will supply:
- Each exhibitor with a table.
- Marketing and promotion of the event through local newspapers, website, social media sites, etc. and with flyers & banners.
- Supply of collateral materials (flyers, posters, etc.) in advance of event date to exhibitors for additional promotion to your customer base.
- Announcement of winners in the Castro Valley Forum, website, social media outlets, etc, and a certificate.